- Sleep In A Bookshelf w/ 5000 Books In Bookstore-Themed Hostel klou.tt/29k2doujqijm #books #reading #travel 2 days ago
- TSA Agents Slip Heartwarming Note Into Bag of DJ Warning Him to Protect His Records klou.tt/2fmby98gd7yf 3 days ago
- A look inside massive archive of Leonard Cohen poems, letters & pictures klou.tt/1wjy47bk1z86l #vinyl 6 days ago
- Flashback: Davy Jones Guests on 'The Brady Bunch' klou.tt/1j3aj32lp5kmf #vinyl #TV #Monkees #vinylrecords #nostalgia #popmusic 1 week ago
- Famous Musicians Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Death klou.tt/1d1a6yi5886l2 #vinyl #rockandroll #death 1 week ago
- 45 rpm advertising african american aircraft albums antiques art Authors autographs aziomedia Azio Media Bob Dylan book collecting books bookstore book store brunswick county calabash Cary Grant collectibles collecting comics cover art dj Ephemera *** film Film Collectibles *** film posters history hollywood illustration illustrations lithography lobby cards lp LP record military movie memorabilia movie posters movies music music store New York north carolina ocean isle old newspapers Photography *** picture discs posters publishing Pulp Fiction * rare books rare records reading records record store rock and roll Rolling Stones sci-fi science fiction shallotte signed books south brunswick sunset beach turntable used books used bookstore used magazines vintage magazines vintage paperbacks Vinyl vinyl lp vinyl record Vinyl Records ** wilmington
Bookmark This Site
- Artists * Authors ** Autographed / Signed Books & Music Azio Press * Culture * Carolinas ** Ephemera *** Film Collectibles *** Historical Investigations *** News People Reading * Writing ** Photography *** Pulp Fiction * Rare & Unusual Books The Shop * Uncategorized Vinyl Records ** Weird & Unusual Ads
Carolyn Richards on Large Antique Original D.W. Wa… aziomedia on Pink Floyd – Dark Side o… Juli on Pink Floyd – Dark Side o… aziomedia on Vintage Mickey Mouse Watc… Merl Nolte on Vintage Mickey Mouse Watc…
Tag Archives: memorabilia
Shallotte, North Carolina was once an important trading post, located between the Cape Fear and Waccamaw Rivers, in the center of a vast wilderness.
Here, we continue to walk in the footprints of Indians, pirates, pilots, and pioneers.
“The Town of Shallotte was incorporated on March 6, 1899. Prior settlement of the area dated back to around 1750 with an earlier reference to the River and the Town as early as 1734. In the early years, residents relied on agriculture, fishing and a bustling waterfront full of flatboats, rafts, and other small watercrafts used to transport goods to and from this rural part of Brunswick County. According to some accounts, the Town received its name from a traveler who crossed the river by ferry and referred to the river as “Charlotte” River. The Charlotte River later took on the name of the Shallotte River. The Town was later called Shallotte.” – Continued
Our independent bookstore in downtown Shallotte, N.C. has gathered a wonderful collection of rare books, vinyl records, vintage magazines, Hollywood film posters, lobby cards, and movie stills from the 1940’s and more.
To be continued..
We buy books, vinyl records, old photographs, original movie posters, lobby cards, prints, paintings, small antiques, sculpture, letters, magazines, old fishing lures and maps and anything really interesting we may find desirable.