- Vintage MidCentury Racing Steering Wheel Leston Limited Beswick England Ashtray ebay.com/itm/3621687502… https://t.co/4YQji9AUQt 1 month ago
- Local filmmaker to film Stephen King’s Sherlock Holmes story in Wilmington ow.ly/6HeC30gycDI #Movies #books 2 months ago
- Jam Session - Sidney Bechet & Muggsy Spainer vinyl record #vinyl #jazz #jam https://t.co/pLTMOW5cYs 3 months ago
- The Long Kiss Goodbye: The Search 4 Vinnie Vincent ow.ly/DP0U30fBUFE #vinyl #Kiss #rock 3 months ago
- Oreo cookies turned into playable #vinylrecords 4 new campaign ow.ly/OvOm30fx4l7 #vinyl #dj #food 3 months ago
- 45 rpm advertising african american aircraft albums antiques art Authors autographs Azio Media aziomedia Bob Dylan book collecting books bookstore book store brunswick county calabash collectibles collecting comics cover art dj Ephemera *** film Film Collectibles *** film posters history hollywood illustration illustrations lithography lobby cards lp LP record magazines military military history movie memorabilia movie posters movies music music store New York north carolina ocean isle old newspapers Photography *** picture discs posters publishing Pulp Fiction * rare books reading records record store rock and roll Rolling Stones sci-fi science fiction shallotte signed books south brunswick sunset beach turntable used books used bookstore used magazines vintage vintage magazines vintage paperbacks Vinyl vinyl record Vinyl Records ** wilmington
Bookmark This Site
- Artists * Authors ** Autographed / Signed Books & Music Azio Press * Culture * Carolinas ** Ephemera *** Film Collectibles *** Historical Investigations *** News People Reading * Writing ** Photography *** Pulp Fiction * Rare & Unusual Books The Shop * Uncategorized Vinyl Records ** Weird & Unusual Ads
fremont707 on “Troubling A Star”… aziomedia on Durium Records & Hit of th… daryl haagenson on Durium Records & Hit of th… Richard Daschbach on “Ramparts” Magazin… Tiffany on Music-Time Briefcase Turntable
Tag Archives: magazinesImage
Hugely influential in the folk-revival, Broadside Magazine was founded in 1962 by Agnes “Sis” Cunningham and her husband, Gordon Friesen, as a small mimeographed publication. The magazine reflected the times. It was often controversial, and was the subject of questions in one of Bob Dylan’s many news conferences, as seen in the Martin Scorcese documentary on Bob Dylan released in 2005. Issues of what is folk? what is folk rock? and who is folk? were roundly discussed and debated. At the same time, Broadside nurtured and promoted important singer-songwriters of the era.
Tarzan Cover of Blue Book Magazine – December, 1931
Edgar Rice Burroughs created the fictional character Tarzan, a feral youth raised by apes, who returns to civilization, rejects it and returns to the wild as a vine-swinging heroic adventurer.
Tarzan first appeared in the novel, “Tarzan of the Apes” (magazine publication 1912 book publication 1914).
Here “The Triumph of Tarzan” is published in Blue Book Magazine, December 1931.The cover illustration depicts Tarzan swinging a native over his shoulders in what appears to be a fight to the death. A white hunter appears in the background, at the edge of the frame, carrying what looks to be a rifle. We thought this was a stunning metaphorical image of African colonialism.
The McCall Company published this pulp fiction magazine of adventure stories. Blue Book magazine offered $500 in cash prizes for “real experiences’ which they published monthly.