- Smash! vintage promo vinyl - Source records #vinyl #vinylrecords #music #vintage #collecting #dj #smash https://t.co/AKFNgXwTmC 5 days ago
- 'Presenting The Tams' vintage vinyl record #aziomedia #vinyl #vinylrecords #music #vintage #TheTams https://t.co/vnmCbkklcl 5 days ago
- 'What's Happening" TV Series vinyl LP record #What'sHappening #TV #vintageTV #television #vinyl #dj https://t.co/ae2m8LK6Gc 5 days ago
- The Spirit of the Argonne -WWII Art #art #Argonne #militaryhistory #WWII #WW2 https://t.co/sX9R0yd1Wy 1 week ago
- Prove you’re the area’s biggest Pink Floyd fan & win tickets from Thalian Hall ow.ly/8Bpt30ejCYk #ILM #vinyl 1 week ago
- 45 rpm advertising african american aircraft albums antiques art Authors autographs Azio Media aziomedia Bob Dylan book collecting books bookstore book store brunswick county calabash collectibles collecting comics cover art dj Ephemera *** film Film Collectibles *** film posters history hollywood illustration illustrations lithography lobby cards lp LP record magazines military military history movie memorabilia movie posters movies music music store New York north carolina ocean isle old newspapers Photography *** picture discs posters publishing Pulp Fiction * rare books reading records record store rock and roll Rolling Stones sci-fi science fiction shallotte signed books south brunswick sunset beach turntable used books used bookstore used magazines vintage vintage magazines vintage paperbacks Vinyl vinyl record Vinyl Records ** wilmington
Bookmark This Site
- Artists * Authors ** Autographed / Signed Books & Music Azio Press * Culture * Carolinas ** Ephemera *** Film Collectibles *** Historical Investigations *** News People Reading * Writing ** Photography *** Pulp Fiction * Rare & Unusual Books The Shop * Uncategorized Vinyl Records ** Weird & Unusual Ads
Richard Daschbach on “Ramparts” Magazin… Tiffany on Music-Time Briefcase Turntable aziomedia on F. GICOT – Lithograph Pr… mary on F. GICOT – Lithograph Pr… J Peterson on Rare Vintage Original Land-O-N…
Tag Archives: illustrationsImage
Published by Dell 1949. By Rosamund Marshall, author of “Kitty” and “Duchess Hotspur”. Pulp novel about a young heiress in Los Angeles at the turn of the century.
“A fiercely honest novel of young Americans running wild”
Note the cover art by Harry Schaare depicting a young woman getting ready to shoot-up in a den of iniquity. Norman Mailer blurb to front cover: “One of the best first novels in recent years.”
Sounds Out of Gone Debris
Shrines to Zero
Designs Colored with Remorse
While Rivers of Angry Strangers Roar
Author George Mandel was a friend of Joseph Heller and “Flee the Angry Strangers” was one of the first Beat novels ever published.
It includes passages like this:
The needle had found a vein, and Paddy, with setup firm at his hip, drew his real blood into the gleaming syringe, where it lost color in boiled heroin. A mixture with the power of a thousand snorts settled, and he pumped it back into his vein, drew it out again, in, out, in. . . .
Mama shrieked It’s the police!
The naked Swede ran, pulling things from a drawer to the window and heaving them out. The Ghost moved nothing but his mouth, and from it words came clumsily, as if through thick gelatinous bubbles. “Wha’ya wan? Who ithid?”
“The police! Open this damn door before I kick it in!”
Bantam # F1165, 1953.