- Prince – a life in record sleeves klou.tt/ac6m3mt114yi #Prince #albumart #design #vinyl #vinylrecords #dj 1 day ago
- Follow Aziomedia on Instagram: instagram.com/aziomedia/ #vinylrecords #music #vintage #collecting #books https://t.co/mmZjp2M9lm 6 days ago
- Seven Things I've Learned from the Vinyl Revival klou.tt/gpi5wbzaq97i #vinyl #vinylrecordss #recordplayer 1 week ago
- Pay homage to the 80s: Party ‘Pretty in Pink’ style in Wilmington Saturday klou.tt/eij15xffzico #eighties 1 week ago
- Follow Aziomedia on Instagram: instagram.com/aziomedia/ #vinylrecords #music #vintage #collecting #books… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- 45 rpm advertising african american aircraft albums antiques art Authors autographs Azio Media aziomedia Bob Dylan book collecting books bookstore book store brunswick county calabash collectibles collecting comics cover art dj Ephemera *** film Film Collectibles *** film posters history hollywood illustration illustrations lithography lobby cards lp LP record magazines military military history movie memorabilia movie posters movies music music store New York north carolina ocean isle old newspapers Photography *** picture discs posters publishing Pulp Fiction * rare books reading records record store rock and roll Rolling Stones sci-fi science fiction shallotte signed books south brunswick sunset beach turntable used books used bookstore used magazines vintage vintage magazines vintage paperbacks Vinyl vinyl record Vinyl Records ** wilmington
Bookmark This Site
- Artists * Authors ** Autographed / Signed Books & Music Azio Press * Culture * Carolinas ** Ephemera *** Film Collectibles *** Historical Investigations *** News People Reading * Writing ** Photography *** Pulp Fiction * Rare & Unusual Books The Shop * Uncategorized Vinyl Records ** Weird & Unusual Ads
aziomedia on “The Voice-O-Gram”… Randy R on “The Voice-O-Gram”… Robbie on Coronation of Queen Elizabeth… Carolyn Richards on Large Antique Original D.W. Wa… aziomedia on Pink Floyd – Dark Side o…
Tag Archives: advertisingImage
This is an original, antique “BLACK MARIA – A GOOD BLACK Chewing Tobacco” advertising sign with African American Logo for use in a General Store – Circa: 1925. Approx. Size: 18″ x 12 inches An especially scarce sign advertising sign with the BLACK MARIA logo on heavy paper in Good Condition with red, black and gold colors.
1930 Carhartt Overalls – “Union Made Best For Wear” Sign – Red White & Blue, Heart Design – United States Union / Labor History – Fashion History
Vintage Original 1930 “Demand Carhartt Overalls” – “Master Cloth” – “Union Made Best For Wear” Metal Sign in Red White & Blue. This is a very rare original, antique Carhartt embossed tin advertising sign – Circa: 1930. Super cool metal sign with the Carhartt logo in Very Good Condition with nice red, white & blue colors. A unique collectible from the worlds of vintage clothing and today’s fashion; plus a special piece of United States Union / Labor History.
Vintage Original 1920’s-1930’s Vintage Gra-Rock Ginger Ale Sign Soda Pop Collectible Advertising Tin Sign – Very Rare Connecticut History.
Beautiful vintage embossed metal sign with nice bright red color.
A Rarely Seen Sign! In the early days of Saturday Night Live they actually had one of these signs on the stage.
Original J. P. Alley’s Hambone Advertising Cigar Sign with African American Pilot – Lindberg’s 1927 solo flight across the Atlantic ocean
Vintage Original J. P. Alley’s Hambone Advertising Cigar Sign Fan Pull
TThe image on the cigar box label is a satire on Lindberg’s 1927 solo flight across the Atlantic ocean (note USA on the left and the Eiffel Tower on the right side of picture).
Image of an African-American pilot flying a small yellow plane. The plane has the words “Going Over” painted on the side. The advertising indicates that the product is of the finest quality and is above all five cent cigars. An identical image is printed on the back of the card. The size is 7 1/8″ across and the advertising is printed on heavy-weight card stock with bright colors and a shiny gilt details.
More than one fantasy involves around HAMBONE cigars. Hambone was the nickname of Tom Hunley, a folk-wisdom spouting ex-slave interviewed late in his life by a young Memphis editorial cartoonist James Pinckney “J.P.” Alley who was enthralled by Hunley’s humorously philosophical tone. Alley turned the old man’s pithy observations on life into a syndicated illustrated newspaper column called “Hambone’s Meditations” which debuted in 1916 and was soon followed by two books. When J.P. died in 1934, his son Calvin took over his work, and the Hambone character continued in papers until 1968.
Starting in the late 1920’s, two different cigar companies (over time, not at once) were licensed to market cheap cigars under the character’s name and Alley’s illustration. The image on the cigar box label is a satire on Lindberg’s 1927 solo flight across the Atlantic ocean.