- Frank Zappa, his groupies and me. She was a strait-laced English typist. He a sexually incontinent... gu.com/p/32bep/tw via @guardian 14 hours ago
- Thank you @JulianDarius for giving me +K about Books! klout.com/user/AZIOMEDIA… 19 hours ago
- Original Oil Painting - Nude Portrait of Sherry - 1977 by Frank Goddard, NY tinyurl.com/b8t4jl3 #art http://t.co/7eJcO0RcIK 20 hours ago
- For Real, Ex-Groupon CEO Andrew Mason Is Releasing An Album Of Motivational Music techcrunch.com/2013/05/16/and… via @techcrunch 1 day ago
- Vintage BAMBI Deer FAWN Ceramic Bookends / Book Ends - Figures tinyurl.com/bp4xn6q #bambi #deer http://t.co/4L3M3HYnXq 6 days ago
Tags45 rpm advertising art autographs aziomedia Azio Media book collecting books book store bookstore collectibles cover art dj Ephemera *** film Film Collectibles *** film posters hollywood illustration lobby cards movie memorabilia movie posters movies music music store north carolina Photography *** Pulp Fiction * rare books reading records record store rock and roll shallotte south brunswick sunset beach turntable used books used bookstore used magazines vintage magazines vintage paperbacks Vinyl vinyl record Vinyl Records **
Bookmark This Site
- Artists * Authors ** Autographed / Signed Books & Music Azio Press * Culture * Carolinas ** Ephemera *** Film Collectibles *** Historical Investigations *** News People Reading * Writing ** Photography *** Pulp Fiction * Rare & Unusual Books The Shop * Uncategorized Vinyl Records ** Weird & Unusual Ads
John Sackett on “The Voice-O-Gram”… filmcamera999 on Large Antique Original D.W. Wa… R.j.Renih on Pearl Harbor Aftermath R.j.Renih on Pearl Harbor Aftermath John F.Beatty on Johnson & Smith Novelty…
Tag Archives: memorabilia
Shallotte, North Carolina was once an important trading post, located between the Cape Fear and Waccamaw Rivers, in the center of a vast wilderness.
Here, we continue to walk in the footprints of Indians, pirates, pilots, and pioneers.
“The Town of Shallotte was incorporated on March 6, 1899. Prior settlement of the area dated back to around 1750 with an earlier reference to the River and the Town as early as 1734. In the early years, residents relied on agriculture, fishing and a bustling waterfront full of flatboats, rafts, and other small watercrafts used to transport goods to and from this rural part of Brunswick County. According to some accounts, the Town received its name from a traveler who crossed the river by ferry and referred to the river as “Charlotte” River. The Charlotte River later took on the name of the Shallotte River. The Town was later called Shallotte.” - Continued
Our independent bookstore in downtown Shallotte, N.C. has gathered a wonderful collection of rare books, vinyl records, vintage magazines, Hollywood film posters, lobby cards, and movie stills from the 1940′s and more.
To be continued..
We buy books, vinyl records, old photographs, original movie posters, lobby cards, prints, paintings, small antiques, sculpture, letters, magazines, old fishing lures and maps and anything really interesting we may find desirable.