- The Never-Advertised Always Wanted Headphones Built in Brooklyn NYC arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/0… #audio #headphones #music #tech #NYC #dj 4 hours ago
- Crumbling Memorials To The Communist Era leftways.com/2014/02/crumbl… #sculpture #monuments #architecture 5 hours ago
- Cool Lego Mosaics - Portraits & Pop Art imgur.com/a/7jlzN #art #mosaics #legos 7 hours ago
- Just Listed: Led Zeppelin vintage vinyl tinyurl.com/qa9phpq Rick & Roll LP's tinyurl.com/m5vosuu #vinyl #rock http://t.co/zQWDl74R0D 14 hours ago
- Cleaning a Vinyl Record with Titebond II Wood Glue shar.es/LaGsV #vinyl #dj #vinylrecords 1 day ago
- 45 rpm advertising african american aircraft art Authors autographs aziomedia Azio Media Bob Dylan book collecting books bookstore book store brunswick county calabash Cary Grant cinema collectibles collecting comics cover art czech dj Ephemera *** film Film Collectibles *** film posters history hollywood illustration illustrations lithography lobby cards lp LP record magazines military movie memorabilia movie posters movies music music store north carolina ocean isle old newspapers Photography *** picture discs posters publishing Pulp Fiction * rare books rare records reading records record store rock and roll Rolling Stones sci-fi science fiction shallotte signed books south brunswick sunset beach turntable used books used bookstore used magazines vintage magazines vintage paperbacks Vinyl vinyl lp vinyl record Vinyl Records ** wilmington
Bookmark This Site
- Artists * Authors ** Autographed / Signed Books & Music Azio Press * Culture * Carolinas ** Ephemera *** Film Collectibles *** Historical Investigations *** News People Reading * Writing ** Photography *** Pulp Fiction * Rare & Unusual Books The Shop * Uncategorized Vinyl Records ** Weird & Unusual Ads
Bjorn on Music-Time Briefcase Turntable aziomedia on “Short’nin’… Shirley on “Short’nin’… rock indépendant on Andy Warhol designs Rolling St… aziomedia on Used Book & Record Store O…
Tag Archives: memorabilia
Shallotte, North Carolina was once an important trading post, located between the Cape Fear and Waccamaw Rivers, in the center of a vast wilderness.
Here, we continue to walk in the footprints of Indians, pirates, pilots, and pioneers.
“The Town of Shallotte was incorporated on March 6, 1899. Prior settlement of the area dated back to around 1750 with an earlier reference to the River and the Town as early as 1734. In the early years, residents relied on agriculture, fishing and a bustling waterfront full of flatboats, rafts, and other small watercrafts used to transport goods to and from this rural part of Brunswick County. According to some accounts, the Town received its name from a traveler who crossed the river by ferry and referred to the river as “Charlotte” River. The Charlotte River later took on the name of the Shallotte River. The Town was later called Shallotte.” - Continued
Our independent bookstore in downtown Shallotte, N.C. has gathered a wonderful collection of rare books, vinyl records, vintage magazines, Hollywood film posters, lobby cards, and movie stills from the 1940′s and more.
To be continued..
We buy books, vinyl records, old photographs, original movie posters, lobby cards, prints, paintings, small antiques, sculpture, letters, magazines, old fishing lures and maps and anything really interesting we may find desirable.