- Music Therapy May Reduce Depression in Children, Adolescents - klou.tt/5rrheusnbx57 #therapy #musicnews #depression 1 hour ago
- RT @CordeiroRick: http://t.co/7Xez8a2a9r 9 hours ago
- How the world loved the swastika - until Hitler stole it klou.tt/1rk3p8hx83d3g #swastika #design #history #symbolism #WWII #fashion 14 hours ago
- Former stripper who twerks to Mozart receiving death threats - klou.tt/1a4tf8khpylvg 16 hours ago
- How Kurt Vonnegut’s Brother Settled History’s Most Dubious Chicken-Tornado Debate - klou.tt/1xn62wg6jrz99 #Vonnegut #tornadoes #chicken 20 hours ago
- 45 rpm advertising african american aircraft art Authors autographs Azio Media aziomedia Bob Dylan book collecting books book store bookstore brunswick county calabash Cary Grant collectibles collecting comics cover art czech dj Ephemera *** film Film Collectibles *** film posters history hollywood illustration illustrations lithography lobby cards lp LP record military military history movie memorabilia movie posters movies music music store New York north carolina ocean isle old newspapers Photography *** picture discs posters publishing Pulp Fiction * rare books rare records reading records record store rock and roll Rolling Stones sci-fi science fiction shallotte signed books south brunswick sunset beach turntable used books used bookstore used magazines vintage magazines vintage paperbacks Vinyl vinyl lp vinyl record Vinyl Records ** wilmington
Bookmark This Site
- Artists * Authors ** Autographed / Signed Books & Music Azio Press * Culture * Carolinas ** Ephemera *** Film Collectibles *** Historical Investigations *** News People Reading * Writing ** Photography *** Pulp Fiction * Rare & Unusual Books The Shop * Uncategorized Vinyl Records ** Weird & Unusual Ads
aziomedia on Autographs: Johnny Cash, Statl… Jason upton on Autographs: Johnny Cash, Statl… Bjorn on Music-Time Briefcase Turntable aziomedia on “Short’nin’… Shirley on “Short’nin’…
Tag Archives: memorabilia
Shallotte, North Carolina was once an important trading post, located between the Cape Fear and Waccamaw Rivers, in the center of a vast wilderness.
Here, we continue to walk in the footprints of Indians, pirates, pilots, and pioneers.
“The Town of Shallotte was incorporated on March 6, 1899. Prior settlement of the area dated back to around 1750 with an earlier reference to the River and the Town as early as 1734. In the early years, residents relied on agriculture, fishing and a bustling waterfront full of flatboats, rafts, and other small watercrafts used to transport goods to and from this rural part of Brunswick County. According to some accounts, the Town received its name from a traveler who crossed the river by ferry and referred to the river as “Charlotte” River. The Charlotte River later took on the name of the Shallotte River. The Town was later called Shallotte.” - Continued
Our independent bookstore in downtown Shallotte, N.C. has gathered a wonderful collection of rare books, vinyl records, vintage magazines, Hollywood film posters, lobby cards, and movie stills from the 1940’s and more.
To be continued..
We buy books, vinyl records, old photographs, original movie posters, lobby cards, prints, paintings, small antiques, sculpture, letters, magazines, old fishing lures and maps and anything really interesting we may find desirable.